Working in retail Heath comes into contact with a lot of people everyday and he assures me that in farm retail he comes into contact with a lot of dirty people everyday. So when Heath came home sick on Tuesday I knew it was just a matter of time before we all caught it. (And as a matter of clarification I'm not blaming Heath, I just know that when one member of the family is sick it's inevitable that others will follow suit.) Well, by Friday morning my throat was starting to feel a little sore and by that night Ellie was starting to run a fever.
On Saturday morning I got up with Ellie who had a horrible fever and was just needing lots of love. As we were sitting watching a movie, she kept
saying "I wanna cupcake" and I kept telling her "No", well the next thing I know, she had thrown up all over herself and me. So I had her in the tub, crying her eyes out and by that time Thomas had woke up with a fever, screaming at the top of his lungs. I was tyring to juggle the two of them when Heath came to my rescue. It seemed as if it was one thing after another all day long. So by 1:00am with Ellie finally in bed, Heath trying to sleep I was up with Thomas who had been crying for hours. I found I had reached by breaking point, and Heath had to come and rescue me once more...Needless to say it was a long day.
So today we just decided to take it easy and have a family day at home to try and recover from our ailments. We've had day full of movies, medicine and naps hoping to pass the time as comfortably and happily as possible. As fevers subside and stomachs settle, I'm praying that tomorrow will be a better day for us all.

1 comments:
I'm so sorry! I'll gladly call in "sick" to work and come help out. The babies look so pitiful! Hope you're all better soon. Let me know if you need anything. Love y'all.
Post a Comment