Sunday, April 24, 2011

Morels Anyone?

This week Heath made the suggestion that we should go morel mushroom hunting. I was all for it...I had never gone mushroom hunting before, nor ever eaten morels. I'm always up for trampling through the woods looking for something yummy. However, Ellie's response to the suggestion was, "Dad, we can't go mushroom hunting, me and Thomas don't have any guns!"


We found what Heath thought would be a great spot for morels, and without our guns, we were off. Thomas and Ellie had a fantastic time. They tromped around "chopping" down trees and hacking away bushes with their sticks. We walked around for about an hour and found about a dozen yummy morels and a scared little turtle. I don't know who was more afraid, the harmless turtle or our scaredy-cat kids.




Here are a few of mushrooms we found. We fried them up and they were so delicious! The best mushrooms I've ever had, hands down!




Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

sarah said...

Last time I went traipsing through the woods with Heath, I got into poison ivy. Good to know he has gotten better as a tour guide, of course he was about 8 when he took me. Looks like y'all had a fun time.